CBR INITIAL IMPLEMENTATION WEEK PLAN
Meeting with the CBR team:
-Orientation, ground rules, allocation into groups or teams for situation analysis (profiling and mapping of the CBR area).
-Divide tasks for social mobilization
-Meeting with Community Health Workers (CHWs) and others stakeholders
-Planning for training of CHWs
Meeting with the local community to introduce the programme and awareness raising on disability
The main activities for this meeting
- Opening & Welcome – by Vice-Mayor of Social Affairs in Kayonza District
- Introduction of CBR Team – by HI and KHI member
- Introduction – What is Disability? Types, cause – KHI student
- Mental Health Problems – By Claire form KHI/Mental Health Department
- What is Rehabilitation & CBR- by KHI student
- Preventing disabilities in Children – By Health center or KHI
- Common eye problems that may lead to visual impairment – By Rwinkwavu hospital Ophthalmologist
- Effect of environment on disability- By Canisius from KHI/ Environmental Health Department
- The work of Handicap International in Rwanda – By HI
· Lastly community consent will be obtained for the door to door survey.
-Day one report by students
-Planning for training of Community Health Workers
-Presentation of results from CBR profile
-Training of CBR workers
· Training on disability, rehabilitation, CBR
· Technical training on how to proceed with and conduct the door to door survey
· Use of the home visit record form; and adult and child screening forms to be used on the next day.
· With CHW, find the methodology for entering in the houses
· Allocation of groups to work in the next day.
· Identification of screening point
-Day two report by students
-Planning for door to door survey
Door to door survey
-Group briefing to conduct a door to door Survey.
-Each group will have 2 or 3 students, one Community Health worker, and one stakeholder.
- Each group will be introduced by the Community Health Worker or a village leader to the household leader.
-A member of the group will explain the purpose of their visit, and asked the number of family members.
-Data entry and statistics from door to door survey by the students
-Experiences from door to door survey will be shared
-The groups will present the results from the door to door survey.
-A presentation of the day 3 results and statistics
-Training on Assessment and Referral Forms
-Assessment of different types of disabilities to identify the rehabilitation needs
-Discussion on day four
-Statistics & Report by the students
-Programme handover to Gahini Hospital, Kayonza District, and Handicap International
-Module end exam